Saturday, December 25, 2021

Silent Morning

 

12/18/21 A Maple Leaf livingroom

Last Christmas was the first time in our marriage that we didn’t put up a tree. I wasn’t sad about it – it was the right time to simplify – but we both missed the pine scent. Rather late in the season, we decided to get a small tree this year. Decorated with a strand of blue lights and a few favorite ornaments, it illuminates the livingroom during the long nights with a soft, cool light.

Since the tree now blocks my street view, I won’t be making any more nocturne sketches from that window until we take the tree down. I’m OK with that, though. The scent of pine is worth it.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Not a creature was stirring.... Love the atmosphere you created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that quiet time before the world wakes up.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...