Sunday, December 25, 2022

Snowy Palms

 

12/20/22 Sketched from my cozy livingroom window.

On Monday, intermittent snow flurries came in from the north. Sidewalks were icy in the morning, but they thawed by afternoon, so I took a short walk through the neighborhood. The snow wasn’t enough to speak of, but it always tickles me to see a palm tree dusted with snow (below).

By Tuesday, a couple of inches had piled up in Maple Leaf, but the temperature dropped into the 20s. The streets and sidewalks were a treacherous mess. I didn’t have to leave my cozy livingroom to sketch another snow-covered palm – it was right across the street (where the same Honey Bucket has been standing since August).

As I write this a few days before Christmas, the forecast says it will be a wet one instead of white, and I’m perfectly OK with that. Have a safe and warm holiday!



12/19/22 Maple Leaf neighborhood
(6-min. sketch before I froze)

12/23/22 Our street has been a treacherous skating rink!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful, warm day!
    Cathy I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! It is both warm and wonderful -- indoors (and very wet outside)!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...