Friday, December 16, 2022

November Skyscapitos

 

11/27/22 Dusk, Maple Leaf neighborhood

November was a good month for skyscapitos. At this time of year, both sunrise and sunset come at convenient times for making quick sketches of sky drama, and we’ve had great color almost every day.

The sketch on Nov. 27 (at right) was at dusk. Dropping fast, the sun brilliantly illuminated the front of a house I can see through my studio window (it’s one of the houses I like to sketch when I’m playing with colors or new materials). Other than clouds reflecting some of that light, everything else was already turning deep blue. The illumination lasted only a few minutes, and I was very happy to have a dark blue Uglybook at hand to do the job quickly.






Nov. 23's sunset was a Technicolor dazzler! I don't often get to use this many colors in a single sketch!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...