Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Willow Down

1/8/22 Fallen willow at NE 85th and 4th NE, Maple Leaf neighborhood

On our first walk after several days of heavy rain and wind, we discovered that the huge, old, magnificent willow on this corner had come down, taking part of a fence with it. By the time we saw it, the tree had already been cut into pieces.

This is the willow I had sketched last July (below) when I was sketching each corner of the intersection of Northeast 85th Street and Fourth Avenue Northeast. Difficult to sketch because the tree had always kept the whole corner in deep shade, it was a scene that confounded me for a long time. The house was barely visible behind it. Despite the challenge, I’m happy that I finally did sketch it, because now it’s gone. You never know when a sketch will end up being your last opportunity.

7/3/21

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was quite a tree to lose. Luckily it just fell on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that, too... disastrous if it had fallen the other way!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...