Sunday, July 11, 2021

Magnuson Park

7/6/21 Lake Washington bathers

Magnuson Park has a special place in my urban-sketching heart. Although it’s not my favorite park in other ways, it was the site of the very first Urban Sketchers Seattle outing I ever attended back in May 2012.

As far as reasons to go there, however, I don’t have many (dropping off our election ballots is one); there are plenty of other parks I prefer for sketching, walking and park-going. Nonetheless, Greg and I hadn’t been to Magnuson for recreational purposes in decades, so we decided to take our walk there on a recent morning.

Despite my fondness based on USk nostalgia, the park still doesn’t hold much interest for me. I managed to eke out a quick sketch of some bathers just as they had come out of Lake Washington and another of a family standing out on a pier.

Out on a pier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...