Sunday, December 6, 2015

Drawing Jam, Part 2: Urban Sketching at the Jam

12/5/15 ink, colored pencil

If you like to sketch people in action as much as I do, Gage’s Drawing Jam is a sketchers paradise! Even if you never enter any of the multiple studios filled with clothed, unclothed and wildly costumed models, lots and lots of people are available to draw – whether they know it or not.

12/5/15 ink, colored pencil
After having a ball all morning in my favorite costumed model studio, my intention was to go back in there after the Urban Sketchers sketchbook sharing and lunch in the auditorium. Somehow, though, I never made it back, because the auditorium was filled with so many other people to draw. Of course, I did fill several pages of my sketchbook with one-minute sketches of models posing on the scaffolding set up for that purpose. But when I tired of that, I sketched the other artists, the musicians that changed out every hour (you might recognize some of them from last year’s sketches), and even a Gage instructor who was giving a still life demo. At times I didn’t even have to move my chair – I could just swivel around 90 or 180 degrees and sketch whatever I spotted in another direction. 

12/5/15 ink, colored pencil
12/5/15 ink, colored pencil
12/5/15 ink
12/5/15 ink
12/5/15 ink
12/5/15 ink

12/5/15 ink

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun way to sketch...surrounded by models and artists sketching the models. You really caught the poses of the musicians and the artists!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm green with envy that you get to attend events at the Gage Academy. This event looks like it was pretty special, as are all the sketches you did. I long for a day when I can sketch models that aren't naked but around here, all life drawing is done with nude models and all the art hanging in the museum is abstract. Go figure :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...