Thursday, August 27, 2015

Goose Neck

8/27/15 ink, watercolor

Finally caught up on work, I took a leisurely break on my way home from a meeting in Shoreline this morning at Evergreen Washelli Memorial Park. Back in April was the first time I drove by the war memorial section of the cemetery. Completely daunted by the rows and rows of identical white markers, I had no idea how to approach such a sketch. Today when I drove around the area again, I still didn’t have a clue, but the lovely day was inviting, as was the serenity. I’m not completely happy with the way the sketch turned out, but it gives me something to use as a baseline for the next time I attempt it. 

8/27/15 Kuretake brush pen
Driving out of the park, I spotted a flock of Canada geese grazing in the grass and sipping from puddles. I pulled over and quietly walked over to them, brush pen in hand. Capturing that graceful S-shaped curve in a goose’s neck as it bent to take a drink – that made me happy!


2 comments:

  1. I like your treatment of the headstones. So many of anything is really daunting, but this works!!! Good job on the geese too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have gotten all caught up in detailing all those markers. You captured them and the depth of the scene really well. --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...