Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Hummer of a Sunday Afternoon

8/23/15 Koh-i-Noor Tri-Tone colored pencils, Cretacolor Nero pencil, ink
(sketched from calendar photo)
It’s a lazy Sunday afternoon (it’s been so long since I’ve had one, I almost didn’t recognize it) – my favorite time to experiment with different media or tools. The other day I was digging through my supplies looking for something else when I stumbled upon my Koh-i-Noor Tri-Tone colored pencils. I experimented with them for a while last year but eventually took them out of my everyday-carry bag. They’re so much fun – it’s time to put a few back in.

Today I used them in my studio to draw from a calendar photo. Only two colored pencils were used: one with green/yellow hues and one with red/pink/yellow hues (the black lines were made with a Cretacolor Nero pencil, with a dot of ink for the eye). Since the tri-tone colors are mixed up within the single pencil lead, you cant control which color youll get on any particular line. They all blend into an interesting mix.

2 comments:

  1. The pencils give a different look altogether! I like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawing, TIna. I love hummers but no matter what I do, I can't get any to come to a feeder where we live. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...