Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rabbit Library

7/29/15 inks, watercolor, colored pencils
This is a Little Free Library that I spotted several months ago in my own Maple Leaf neighborhood. It’s directly across the street from another one that I sketched last month. Although the design and construction of the two libraries are so similar that I’m sure they were built by the same person, this one is decorated very differently: It has a rabbit theme. In addition to the rabbit painted on the side (along with a Hemingway quotation – “There is no friend as loyal as a book”), the door knob is also a tiny bunny.

Technical note: See where I wrote the quotation? My new Pilot with a posting nib is the only fountain pen I own that can write that fine! It’s not for loose, expressive drawings, but I sure like it for certain tasks.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...