Sunday, July 12, 2015

Georgetown’s Oxbow Park

7/12/15 Ink, watercolor
It’s been a triple-header weekend of Urban Sketchers since Friday! Today we met for the Georgetown Garden Walk, a free tour of more than a dozen eclectic gardens in this colorful neighborhood. What made the event even more fun was that cultural organization Cross Pollinate invited artists and musicians to sketch, paint and perform throughout the day.

Although I did pass through a couple of gardens quickly just so I could feel like I was officially part of the walk, I actually wasn’t planning to sketch in any gardens. Instead, I had my eye on one target: Hat ‘n’ Boots. A little more than a year ago, I had time to sketch only the boots half of this legendary landmark at Oxbow Park, and I’ve been wanting to go back to get the whole thing ever since. It turned out that the park was where most of the artists congregated this morning, so before the sketchbook sharing, I captured Suzanne and Mary sketching there, too. It was so much fun to look around Oxbow Park and see easels and sketchbooks everywhere! 

7/12/15 inks, colored pencils

2 comments:

  1. What a great sculpture!!! I love the sketch of it...much better with the hat and the boots. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This subject, and your sketch of it (them?) exceeds all definitions of awesome. Amazing what exists in your part of the world. --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...