Thursday, June 18, 2015

Cha Garden

6/18/15 Platinum Carbon and Iroshizuki Kiri-same inks, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum colored pencil, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

Disappointed that no buskers or scheduled musicians were performing at Queen Anne Farmers Market, I wandered slowly past the vendors’ booths to find one to sketch. Xiong Cha & Cha Garden’s bright red umbrella had caught my eye from a distance, and up close, their flowers made my choice easy. The owner was putting out bouquets under the umbrella as fast as his wife, under the tent, could make them. (Yes, that’s really her hair hanging down the length of her back and then some!)

It might be difficult to read my tiny note at the bottom of the sketch: I noticed a 20-pound hand weight tied to one leg of the tent to keep it from tipping over! Growing and selling flowers at a market is not easy work – but I appreciate the beauty and color.

2 comments:

  1. Love the life the color gives to the vendors!!! I love it! When my husband and I use to do craft show we categorized the shows as "no brick days," "one brick days," and "two brick days." More than that and we could just take the canopy down because we would never win. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great composition. These are scenes I generally pass up because I'm not good at simpilfying it enough to make it doable. --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...