Friday, June 12, 2015

A Polartec Morning at Fishermen’s Terminal

6/12/15 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Caran d'Ache
Museum pencil, Molotow opaque acrylic marker,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
After an unseasonably warm and beautiful week, I reluctantly put on my Polartec jacket this morning as I set out to meet the Friday sketchers at Fishermen’s Terminal. I sure was glad to be wearing it, though, as the wind cut through the marina for my first sketch. As predicted by weather.com, the sky was overcast and the air chilly, but we were optimistic that by noon the sun would come out.

And it did! By the time I moved my sketch stool out to one of the piers and captured a boat with the terminal building and the Fisherman’s Memorial (which I sketched almost exactly a year ago) in the background, I could peel off a layer.

6/12/15 Platinum Carbon and mixed gray inks, watercolor
We had a fun gathering with several newcomers! 

Ad hoc Friday sketchers at Fishermen's Terminal

2 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I stepped outside about 9:30.... that jackets would be needed as it was still under 60 degrees! Good sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...