Sunday, December 15, 2013

Seattle Choral Company at St. Mark’s

12/14/13 Diamine Eclipse ink, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
Seattle Choral Company presented “An Irish Christmas,” a spectacular holiday concert last night at St. Mark’s Cathedral. It was probably one of the best choral performances I’ve heard in a long time.

Before the concert began, I started with a sketch of St. Mark’s round sanctuary window and one of many chandeliers. Then I spent most of the concert sketching while we listened to traditional Celtic carols and anthems.

Maybe because music and sketching both occupy the same side of my brain, I find that I can sketch and listen without one activity detracting from the other. If anything, I find I listen more intently while my eyes and brain are engaged with sketching. 

12/14/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown & Eclipse inks
12/14/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown & Eclipse inks, Sailor pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...