Tuesday, December 31, 2013

No Retrospection Here

12/31/13 Diamine Eclipse ink, Sailor pen, Zig marker, Canson Montval 140 lb. paper
All the way home from Zoka Coffee, I tried to think of something mildly profound or insightful to blog about befitting the last day of the year. I thought about the sketch I’d just completed there – layers of people who came and went during the hour that I sipped my mocha – hoping to find a metaphor for the passage of time or some other retrospective musing. I’ve already done a post of my top 10 products of the year, and I’ve also blogged about my 10 11 most memorable sketches of the year. I looked at my blog post dated Dec. 31, 2012, to see if I could get some ideas, but I found that post equally uninsightful (not surprisingly, two of the sketches that day were done at Zoka Coffee).

What’s left to say? Nothing but “Happy New Year!” And may 2014 bring all of us many days of sketching happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I'll lift a glass of wine, not coffee, to celebrate the end of 2013 with you! Thanks for sharing your sketches, your information, your reviews, and giving so much support to other artists. Wishing you a wonderful Happy New Year and a year filled with inspiration and joy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...