Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Last Chance for Color and Bonus Utility Lines

11/13/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Fabriano hot-press paper
Driving through the Greenwood neighborhood, I was looking for an interesting church that I had seen on a previous visit, but I never made it there: This little maple growing in a traffic circle stopped me in my tracks. Every time I think all the trees have given up their color, I spot one that insists there’s still plenty of time to shine.

When I finished the tree, I still had about 15 minutes before I had to leave for an appointment, and then I remembered this week’s Urban Sketchers Flickr group theme: utility lines. Power poles and lines are so ubiquitous in Seattle that I barely had to turn my gaze from the tree to make my next sketch.
11/13/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Fabriano

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful colors in this gem of a tree! Excellent drawing of the power lines. I don't think you missed even one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...