Wednesday, November 20, 2013

39 Degrees

11/20/13 Copic Multiliner SP pen, Kuretake brush pen, watercolor, Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook
Our outdoor digital thermometer read 39 degrees as I pulled on my down jacket and headed for Green Lake on this beautifully sunny afternoon. I knew it would be chilly, but we haven’t had sunshine for several weeks now, and I’ve been craving a hit of vitamin D.

Painting my favorite stand of maples exhibiting particularly uneven and peculiar tree pattern baldness, I lasted all of 22 minutes. My hands were numb, even with fingerless gloves on. I retreated to my car parked nearby to spend another 10 minutes finishing up. Then I hurried home for a cup of hot tea.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet holding a cup of hot tea felt great! Great capture of the slowly dwindling leaves. We are lucky to have temps a bit warmer than by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...this time of year we take what we can get. Tina, I can relate to the 'oh the sun is out, maybe I can go sketching' syndrome. Doing it myself these days, though 39F would be a warm day for us at this time of year. Great sketch and, I'm sure, a great memory. Keep warm.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...