Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Still Life M N O (and First Fabriano Test)

11/13/13 Still life M N O. Platinum Carbon ink, Van Gogh watercolors, Fabriano
hot-press paper
In my ongoing series of alphabetical still lifes, I present M N O.

Technical note: This is my first test of the 140-pound Fabriano hot-press paper I bought the other day. The sizing takes Platinum Carbon ink without incident, and the paints sink into the surface at about the same rate as all the cold-press papers I’m used to, so it behaved predictably based on my experience. I had to rewet the paper a couple times in one spot and lifted color in another spot, and all was well. So far, so good.

6 comments:

  1. Nice sketch...can I borrow the lemon??? Keep these coming. Glad the paper worked well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colors look more vivid that on any of the other watercolor papers you've used so far. :) The lemon really came out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite papers Tina. I'm loving the alphabet work and can't wait to see what you've got planned for X!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, you get the prize for correctly identifying the fruit! :-) I guess I need to work on my color mixing skills!

      Delete
  4. Very nice, Tina! Great composition, too. I'm intrigued by your alphabet still-life idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...