Saturday, November 9, 2013

Another Coupon

11/9/13 Private Reserve Velvet Black ink, Sketchbook Project sketchbook
I must be a marketer’s dream come true. Motivated by several things, not the least of which was another discount coupon that was burning a second hole in my purse, I stopped at Starbucks on my way home from the cemetery. Making my salted caramel mocha even more delicious were two other motivators: Wanting to make one more sketch today for NaNoDrawMo and also feeling like filling a couple more pages in my Sketchbook Project sketchbook.

I carry that little booklet in my bag daily, but it’s so thin and light that I often forget I have it with me and reach for my Stefano (with more desirable paper) instead. The Sketchbook Project sketchbook’s flimsy paper takes a little more motivation to lay a pen and wash on, because I know I won’t like the buckling that results. But the other day I realized I hadn’t used Private Reserve Velvet Black ink in a while, so I filled up a Lamy, and the joy of using that ink somewhat overcame my dismay over the paper (which, I admit, is nice and smooth under pen and ink – until I put the waterbrush on it, and it wrinkles like toilet paper).

1 comment:

  1. As long as it doesn't shred like toilet paper it can be saved. lol Nice sketch of the patrons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...