![]() |
| 8/29/26 Green Lake |
Several piers allow access to the water at Green Lake. Other
than occasional fishermen, the piers aren’t used much. I’ve sketched several
times from the end of a long pier that offers a view of the curve in the
lakeshore (above). As I sketched, a young woman silently meditated nearby.
The sketch below, made a few days later, was from a short pier on the opposite side of the lake. Mostly hidden by trees, the pier hardly ever seems used. As many, many times as I have sketched at Green Lake, this was my first sketch ever of Duck Island! Since it’s visible from many places other than this pier, I don’t know why I’d neglected it so long. It’s just a tiny chunk of tree-filled land that birds probably love because humans aren’t constantly walking by. As I sketched, I heard both a belted kingfisher and an osprey (ID’d by the Merlin app) and eventually did see the kingfisher fly over. Although I couldn’t see its details at all, the large bird perched on Duck Island may have been the osprey.
![]() |
| 8/31/26 Duck Island at Green Lake |


No comments:
Post a Comment