Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Not Enough Notes


7/14/26
6/20/26



Since I rarely ride the light rail or buses for anything but USk outings, sketch play dates, and other socializing, it’s fun to recall where I was going and who I was meeting with when I sketched these fellow commuters. (This is just a selection from my busy summer.)

7/25/26

8/9/26


Sometimes I make notes about the day on the bottom of the page (which I sometimes clip off and don’t share), but not often enough. I want my sketch journal to be more of a “journal” to balance the “sketching.” I’m going to make an effort to write more on the page.

9/11/26

9/13/26

There’s irony in that last statement. One of the main reasons I was so motivated to start a sketch journal in the first place was that I already had a lifelong journal writing practice; I wanted a daily journal process that would put more emphasis on sketching. Now I want more balance between the two.

9/11/26 During a longer rider than usual all the way to the south end of the light rail line, I had more time to capture a larger scene. Everyone near me had bags, airport-bound, so I knew they would be on board almost as long as I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...