Tuesday, May 7, 2024

More Walk Comics

 

5/2/24 Northgate and Ravenna

My recent post about trying to include urban sketching as comics started getting too long, and I still had a backup of walk comics, so I saved a few for this post. No geeky comic analysis this time – just an observation:

Although I do enjoy fitness-walking simply to be outdoors and to see what’s going on in the neighborhood, the potential opportunity for sketching has always been a primary motivator for getting out each day. An added benefit of my latest focus on comics is that it gives me something else to “do” (besides walk and sketch): Now I am always actively looking for a theme, a story or anything that ties together a few sketches into a sequence. I’ve become more observant in a different way than I usually am when I’m “only” looking for a sketch (which is already a very active way to take a walk). I’m more engaged with making connections.

5/2/24 Maple Leaf and Ravenna

5/3/24 Maple Leaf

Bonus benefit: Making comics motivates me to walk more.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a lot of walking! I really like the last two pages you posted. I like that they have a theme to them. Keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement on both the comics and the walking! They both support each other! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...