Sunday, July 16, 2023

Visible Process

 

7/12/23 Green Lake

It has only been a few weeks since my last sketchwaiting catch-up, but one came up the other day that had an interesting process. Waiting for a friend at Green Lake, I used a black Le Pen Flex brush pen to start drawing the Lime bike. When we returned from our walk, the bike was still there, so I used a yellow Posca marker to finish it. The result enables me to see which parts of the bike I drew first, and which later – a process I don’t really think much about while drawing.

Shin Kitagawa, a Tokyo sketcher I follow on Instagram, recently posted a video of himself sketching. “It’s very much fun to see my own drawing process objectively like this,” he wrote, and I gathered that he had a similar experience to mine (though mine was done the low-tech way).


6/26/23 Cloud City Coffee

7/4/23 Green Lake

7/5/23 This tiny sketch is my favorite of this batch --
a crow hoping for someone to drop food at Green Lake Village. 

7/5/23 Green Lake Village

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...