Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Sunny Urban Couch

 

4/1/23 Sunset Hill neighborhood
I went up to Sunset Hill to check out the cherry blossom situation, and as expected, the trees weren’t quite ready for sketching. In the neighborhood, however, I found something else I hadn’t sketched in a long time. I was so focused on pink season that I forgot that it’s also the beginning of urban couch season!

Stickered up in observance of National Pencil Day



Paper note: The bright yellow sketchbook is a brand-new Uglybook. The New York City notebook maker has a few new colors now, and 20 more are coming this month! (Yes, I already have a lot, and no, I don’t have enough.)

I recently filled my sixth Uglybook since discovering them last July. I know it seems like I should have filled more than six by now, but that's because I have 13 other colors in rotation. OK, now 14. Who knows – possibly a few more by the end of April.

Colorful and filled with sketches!

3 comments:

  1. Well, of course the yellow papered "Higher Love" booklets are sold out. Is that you? Did you buy them up like you did the red Field Books a few years ago?😉 Anne HwH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaa??! Sold out already?! I swear it wasn't me! I only got one pack!!

      Delete
    2. Clearly you are an influencer then! 😄

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...