Thursday, March 23, 2023

The Pink is On!

 

3/21/23 Evergreen Washelli Cemetery

Based on my Facebook “Memories” from previous years, I’m often well into sketching blossoming trees by now, but our long, cold winter put the trees behind schedule by several weeks. Still, I’ve been optimistically carrying a pink pencil in my everyday-carry since early March, just in case. Last weekend’s temperatures in the 60s gave some trees the push they needed: On Monday I finally started seeing ornamental plums just beginning to open.

An appointment near Evergreen Washelli Cemetery, where I’ve sketched many times, gave me an opportunity to drive through for a sketch. I was delighted to find this cherry just beginning to pink up. I saw several others that are getting ready. The pink is finally on!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see the pink. It hasn't started out here...maybe back in the city. They're a little warmer there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, I really love this sketch! The color palette is so nice (I love that trunk color) and the tree has so much character. Great work!! I've had fun sketching trees the last few days too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! I hope to get out for more pink soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...