Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Beach People

 

5/31/22

In addition to Haystack Rock, my favorite sketching subject at Cannon Beach is, of course, people. Even though things are more “open” now, and I’m around more people than I was during the pre-vaccine period, I still haven’t been sketching people as much as I used to – and I still miss it. I may have sketched more people during this beach visit than I have during any other.

5/31/22

Although I sketched a few people while I was on the beach myself, I had more fun making tiny stick figures (as well as a few dogs and gulls) from our third-floor hotel window. From high above, I couldn’t see details well, so it was easy to stick to the basic gestures. The high perspective also made it easier to catch a variety of activities in rapid succession.

5/31/22

5/31/22

6/1/22

6/1/22

6/1/22

6/2/22

6/2/22

6/3/22















The last sketch below was not made at the beach but at the Centralia Farmers Market. Sketching musicians and other performers at farmers markets used to be a regular summertime activity in the Before Times. This one made me feel the most rusty and again reminded me of how much I have missed sketching people.

6/3/22 Performer at Centralia Farmers Market

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...