Friday, December 3, 2021

‘Tis the Season

 

11/27/21 Maple Leaf neighborhood, 6:20 a.m.

As expected, the house across the street got dressed up for the holidays on the day after Thanksgiving. I like this year’s display much better than some years past when bright bulbs blinked like a marquee or involved too many colors. This year, the lights on their upper deck twinkle gently with just a few interspersed red ones – pretty and peaceful (especially since we have to see them day and night for more than a month).

Last year when I sketched the display, it turned out that they were only getting started. Shortly after, it became more “festive.” I hope they’re done.

Update: They weren’t done... they were only getting started.

6 comments:

  1. Do the lights stay on at night? It would be annoying to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess in some ways I'm lucky I face trees and not some of the other units here. I'll have to go out some evening in my mobile studio and sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did this one before dawn, but I'd like to go out in the evening for more sketches of holiday lights, too!

      Delete
  3. This is just way cool, Tina. I would never have thought to do this, but I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, give it a shot! All you need is black paper and a book light! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...