Sunday, December 5, 2021

Late Fall Still Life

 

11/30/21 Caran d'Ache Museum Aquarelle in Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook

When they’re in season, we eat a lot of delicata squashes. In fact, I cook them so regularly that often I don’t have time to sketch one. The timing was just right for this one (I roasted it shortly after it was memorialized).

Persimmons, on the other hand, I can take or leave, but we received a few as a gift recently, and I was more excited about sketching than eating them. Suhita Shirodkar and Nina Khaschina, two sketchers I admire, sketch plenty of persimmons every fall, and they always get me in the mood. But then, it doesn’t take much to put me in the mood for a secondary triad.

2 comments:

  1. Nice triad sketch! I feel the same way. I love delicata squash but I've got mixed feelings about the persimmons. I should pick up one to sketch since they are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sliced up this persimmon into slivers and put it in salad... delicious that way! Otherwise, it hardly seems worth eating, since it's such a mild flavor.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...