Monday, June 8, 2020

The Worst Hair Day

6/2/20 Northgate neighborhood

If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that one of my ongoing series is trees that have been badly pruned by city utilities. I used to sketch them more regularly than I have in recent years, but I still enjoy honoring their dignity (what remains of it) with a sketch when I find them.

On the way home from an errand in Northgate, I happened upon this poor tree, which is about as mangled as any I have seen. We are all having bad corona hair days lately; I guess trees are no exception.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like they haven't been out to do any trimming in a while. I guess that isn't such an essential service. Whenever I see pruned trees around here I think of them as "Tina trees." lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday I'll visit you and sketch all those "Tina trees." ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...