Sunday, November 10, 2019

St. John the Evangelist

11/7/19 Greenwood neighborhood

The bishop’s hat on top of St. John the Evangelist Parish always catches my eye when I’m in its neighborhood. In Greenwood for an errand on a foggy and then overcast morning, I was attracted to it again, though I knew it would be a challenge in that indistinct light (as it is in any light; I attempted it last year and several years before that, too). But the lazy sun on one side and the bright white sky on the other framed the hat with subtle highlights that gave me somewhere to start.

Now that the leaves are falling off, I think graphite season is beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely shaded top! You really captured the highlights with the graphite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...