Saturday, November 16, 2019

Lopsided

11/12/19 Wedgwood neighborhood

It’s been a long while since I sketched a hacked tree. I made a whole series of them a few years ago, and last summer I sketched one being hacked even as I sketched. Silhouetted against the overcast sky, this one in the Wedgwood neighborhood gave me reason to pull over.

Earlier this year, someone from Seattle City Light contacted me. She was working on developing a document for the utility’s line clearance crews (the folks who hack the trees), and she needed some art to put on the cover. Searching online, she came across several of my sketches from a few years back and asked permission to use one. The document came out in August.

2 comments:

  1. How fun that your sketch will adorn the document. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's that poor tree's 15 minutes of fame! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...