Monday, September 10, 2018

Embracing Fall

9/7/18 Maple Leaf neighborhood

I’ve let summer go, and I’m ready to embrace fall. Here’s my first sketch of the season’s trees: a Japanese maple that’s just beginning to turn. As a bonus, the tree stands in front of a lovely brick Tudor on the next block, so the sketch is also part of my Maple Leaf architecture series. (Many of the grass and plantings were as brown and yellow as the ones in my parched yard. We really need that rain.)

Paper note: I am very unhappy with the way water-soluble colored pencils behave on this Strathmore Bristol vellum. My complaints are piling up for my paper comparison post. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! I am not embracing fall yet. Our temps here dropped from nearly 90 to around 60 in the span of a day. lol Then we've had damp, drizzly, wet weather like your area for the past few days. I'm hoping the sun's warmth comes back at least for a little while before fall actually starts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...