Monday, March 9, 2015

My Harbinger is Gone

3/9/15 DeAtramentis Document Brown and Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun inks,
Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Zig markers, Canson
XL 140 lb. paper
Remember when I sketched the cherry tree in front of my neighborhood library – the one that is almost always the first of the blossoming trees to bloom? That sketch was only three weeks ago. I drove by today, and the tree is gone! An excavator was still onsite after digging a sewer trench, and where the tree stood is now a hole deep enough for a worker to stand in and nearly disappear.

Greg said it’s possible that the tree has been removed while the sewer work is occurring, and maybe it will be replanted afterwards. I hope so. How else will I know that spring is on its way?

(Incidentally, this isn’t the first time that Takeuchi excavator has appeared in the library parking lot. . . I sketched it there last year, too.)

1 comment:

  1. Great sketch of the excavator, but I'm sorry the tree is among the missing! Hope it reappears.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...