Thursday, March 12, 2015

Let’s Call This One Practice

3/12/15 DeAtramentis Document Brown ink, watercolor, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
As I pulled out of REI’s parking garage, I suddenly remembered a nearby subject that I had been wanting to sketch for a long time: St. Spiridon Orthodox Cathedral. I couldn’t find parking by the church, but I found a not-quite-legal spot facing the right direction. I decided that as long as I stayed in the car, it wouldn’t exactly be “parking.”

The composition wasn’t ideal – another building was blocking part of the church – but I could clearly see all of those delightful onion domes (and that’s the fun part, anyway). Someday soon I’ll go back there, stand in front of the church and get a better composition. Until then, we’ll call this one practice – and practice I need, since those onion domes are much harder to draw than they seem!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on those onion domes!!! Buildings like that are a challenge to draw.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...