Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cut and Quartered

3/9/16 Van Gogh watercolors, water-soluble colored pencils
Before I bake it tonight, I thought I’d sketch the kabocha. When I was shopping for it, I looked for one with more interesting patterns in shades of orange and green, but all of them looked mostly green without much patterning. To see more of the orange, I decided to quarter it.

(Be honest now: How many of you choose your produce based on whether it will make a good still life? Uh-huh – I knew I wasn’t the only one!)

3 comments:

  1. Yes I do this too - examining every bunch of Beetroot to find the ones with the best shapes and freshest leaves - people clearly think I am bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who cares, as long as you have great still life material! ;-)

      - Tina

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of a food sketcher but I did buy an heirloom tomato once, just so I could draw it. --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...