Sunday, March 20, 2016

Bound for Manchester!

Sketched at the 5th USk Symposium
in Paraty, Brazil
The International Urban Sketchers Symposium will be held in Manchester, UK, this year, and I’m thrilled that I will be there! 

I had an amazing time at the Barcelona symposium in 2013 and in Paraty, Brazil, in 2014 as a participant. But in my heart, ever since my first symposium experience, I’ve always wanted something more than being a workshop student. In Barcelona, nothing impressed me more than the work of Suhita Shirodkar and Lapin, who had served as symposium correspondents that year. Running from workshop to workshop, sketching every activity and then reporting back to the USk community, Lapin and Suhita made the symposium come alive as only sketchers can. “One day . . . someday,” I said to myself then, “I want to be a symposium correspondent.”

You can imagine how excited I am to have my Urban Sketchers dream come true! I’m going to be one of four symposium correspondents sketching by day and blogging by night. It will be a busy and probably exhausting three days, but I’m betting that it will also be an unforgettable experience. Here’s the official announcement!

Sketched at the 4th USk Symposium in Barcelona, Spain

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I can't wait to read your analysis of each of the workshops. I'm sure you will be GREAT at this! Since I can't be there at least I know someone will be doing a good job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...