Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Summer Teaser

3/26/15 Various inks, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, brush pen, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

The Maple Leaf water tower has been the subject of my sketches many times. Sometimes I enjoy getting into all the details of the complex, criss-crossed girding and the maple leaf motif going around the tower. Today, under a mostly clear blue sky and 70 (!) degrees, it felt like the best of summer, and my mood was just as lazy. On a shady bench but not too far from the sun, I sat on the opposite side of Maple Leaf Park to take in the long view of the water tower holding its own next to the cell tower.

To those of you still sloshing through snow, I’m sorry if I sound like I’m gloating. If it makes you feel any better, here’s what KING 5 weather shows for the next few days:


3 comments:

  1. Nice sketch of the tower and its surroundings. We had rain today but I was out with my sister and we did sketch from my car (turning on the windshield wipers as necessary).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice composition. Quite an elegant thing for a water tower! It was a beauty of a day.....gotta get it while we can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the composition of this sketch, Tina. Gloat away.. 70F is definitely gloatable :-) I was happy that we actually hit the 30s today. Melting snow is the goal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...