Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Salvatore Ristorante

 

9/28/24 Salvatore Ristorante, Roosevelt neighborhood

Salvatore Ristorante in the Roosevelt neighborhood has been around since 1988, and the spouse guy and I had patronized it since its beginning (even before we were married). In addition to amazing Italian food, it has a charming, timeless ambiance. A whimsical touch is a mural of Italian village life on one diningroom wall. Decades ago when Greg and I had noticed that patrons had taken to gluing tiny images of themselves into the scenes, we decided to do that, too.

We have not been back to Salvatore since the pandemic, but whenever I walk or drive by, I have thought that I want to someday sketch the building, which is on a curving corner of Roosevelt Way and Northeast 61st Street. A friend had a birthday party at Salvatore last Saturday, so I arrived a little early to sketch it from across the street. The food was just as good as I remember it. In fact, nothing about it had changed. (I meant to look at the mural to see if our photo was still attached, but I forgot. I’ll go back another time to check.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...