Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Ballard Blocks

 

7/1/24 Ballard neighborhood, mostly viewed from Top Pot

The west edge of Ballard near the Lake Washington Ship Canal is a part of the neighborhood that I rarely get to except when I go there for my annual routine mammogram. After my appointment, I thought I’d walk in the more industrial direction and stop for a coffee and a sketch along the way, but none of the cafes I passed had outdoor seating for the beautiful, sunny day. (I was also doing reconnaissance on free parking options for future reference.) By the time I got to the Ballard Blocks, I was hot, so Top Pot Doughnut’s AC was more appealing than an outdoor table. The iced latte hit the spot.

As in many Seattle neighborhoods, this area of Ballard exhibits a familiar mix of nice, older homes, upscale condos and apartments, gritty industry, trendy retail shops, and shabby recreational vehicles housing residents who are probably not enjoying recreation. Eating my Summer Limited Edition Blueberry Glazed Pot Holes while sketching in air-conditioned comfort, I pondered my privilege.

1 comment:

  1. Good collection of sketches of the area. Blueberry Glazed Pot Holes sound delicious. Someone was thinking when they were named.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...