Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sketch Face

 

2/7/23 Zoom face

During the first pandemic year when we were all getting used to Zoom as a way of life, Michele Cooper made a self-portrait from her own image on the Zoom screen. To my comment about whether she had been having a meeting all by herself, she retorted, “Of course – it’s the only way to get a word in edgewise.”

On the last day of my quarantine, I remembered Michele’s self-portrait, and it somehow seemed appropriate to make one myself. I almost titled this post “COVID Face,” but I really didn’t feel as bad as I look in the sketch. In fact, I was nearly fully recovered by then and looking forward to rejoining the world.

By the way, I don’t recommend using the Zoom screen to draw self-portraits from. The light kept shifting every time I moved. In addition, I had never noticed before that there’s a tiny lag in time between my movements and the video image, so I could actually watch myself blink my eyes completely. In a mirror, that’s not possible. Try it on Zoom sometime; it’s weird and a bit distracting.

Despite 100% attendance at my Zoom meeting, the agenda didn't draw much interest.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ching! I'm out of "solitary confinement" now! :-)

      Delete
  2. Glad you did so well through Covid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! I was very fortunate to get off easy! Not everyone does.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! The unrealistic colors in this sketch are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that your quarantining is over!!! Enjoy getting out again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...