Thursday, February 2, 2023

Feng Shui

 

1/30/23 Mt. Rainier, Cascade Mountain range, at sunrise

A long time ago, I read an article mentioning that Seattle is one of the best locations in the world for feng shui. Surrounded by water bodies on three sides and mountains to both the east and to the west, it’s considered to be nearly ideal. Apparently some practitioners move here just to get the feng shui benefits of being nestled in the center of mountains, lakes and Puget Sound.

Monday morning dawned to perfectly clear skies and 22 degrees. Warm and comfy in our livingroom, I scribbled Mt. Rainier’s dark blue silhouette (what I could see of it behind our neighbor’s roof) against the pale orange sky. A few minutes later, the sun came up, and Rainier demurred.

1/30/23 The Brothers, Olympic Mountain range

A few hours later when the temp had risen to a balmy 31, I stood on the Interstate 5 overpass on Northeast 85th Street. Rainier to the southeast was hazy, but I was there to sketch The Brothers. All I had to do was pivot 90 degrees from the same spot, and there they were, distinct on the western horizon.

I don’t practice feng shui; all I know about it is in the first paragraph. But when I can sketch two mountain peaks on the same morning, from home and from a few blocks away, with a walk to a lake in between, I have no doubt that I’m in a good place.

1 comment:

  1. You are really surrounded by natural beauty. Glad to see both mountains made an appearance for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...