Tuesday, May 18, 2021

The Lodge at St. Edward State Park

 

5/17/21 St. Edward State Park

After a week of beautiful sunshine, our mini sketch outing turned out to be cold, cloudy and windy. It was so good to be out sketching with friends again, though, that I didn’t care!

Kate, Roy and I chose St. Edward State Park in Kenmore, where a former seminary has been transformed into The Lodge, a beautifully restored hotel. During my first walk-around, I zoomed in on an excavator, of course, as work continues on improvements to the grounds. Afterwards, I went around to the back for another view of the bell tower. Chilled, I sat in my car for a few minutes with yet another good view.

The Lodge rooms are pricey, as are the restaurant meals. We opted for a brown bag lunch at one of many picnic tables and warmed up afterwards with coffee inside. The friendship and sketching? Priceless.



Former seminary restored as The Lodge

So good to be out sketching with friends again!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting building. How great for you to be finally out sketching with other sketchers again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed sketching with friends so much! Very good to be back at it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...