Thursday, September 24, 2020

In Praise of Clouds and Rain

 

9/19/20 Maple Leaf neighborhood

After last Friday’s rain finally washed the smoke away, we woke Saturday to ordinary clouds and overcast. By afternoon, I could see a blur of rain on the horizon, but from where I stood on our upstairs deck, some blue and sunshine were still visible between clouds. I could see UW Tower two-and-a-half miles away. For the 10 days prior, I couldn’t see more than a few blocks.

Shortly after I made this sketch, the sky opened up and poured harder than it had in months. I never thought I could be so happy to see rain.

4 comments:

  1. There is just something about this that I love! Maybe it is the simplicity of the sky (and I mean that in a very good way) or the fact that aside from the touches of blue in the sky and the green trees there is such harmony with the grays. Well done, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with the absolute joy at having rain.
    And I love the texture you achieved in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may change my tune by February ;-) , but right now, I welcome all the rain!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...