Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A Glimpse of Green Lake

9/4/20 Maple Leaf neighborhood

For most of the 30-plus years I’ve lived in Maple Leaf, I walked around Green Lake at least weekly, year-round, and often several times a week during the good-weather months. A three-mile loop, it’s just right for a vigorous fitness walk or a leisurely stroll with good conversation. On rainy winter days, only hardy locals make the loop, but when the sun comes out, it can look like Malibu (even if the temperature is only in the 50s).

Of course, it is also one of my favorite places to sketch: A quick search of my digitized files indicates that I’ve made more than 200 sketches in the Green Lake neighborhood, and my blog shows at least 30 posts featuring sketches made at the lake.


That tiny spot of bright blue near the center of this sketch is Green Lake. The last time I walked around it was March 11. I miss it.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice sketch and the walking loop around the lake sounds like a nice thing to do. I hope that can happen soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...