Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Opportunistic Sketcher

5/1/19 Northgate Mall parking lot

After a quick errand at the Northgate Macy’s, my plan was to go to Green Lake, where I had earlier seen a platoon of cement mixers gearing up for a big job. I couldn’t stop then to sketch them, but I was hoping I still might. 

Right there in the Northgate parking lot, however, a bright red machine with something that looked like a giant screw was getting into position. With its wheels jacked up off the ground, it looked somewhat precarious; things were changing fast, so I knew I had to act quickly. Hmmm . . . those cement mixers might be gone by the time I got back there . . . Is an auger in the hand worth several cement mixers in the bush? Yes.

2 comments:

  1. Wise move to sketch what you know you had in front of you. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ha-ha... I'm sure you've taken advantage of whatever was close at hand, too! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...