Monday, May 6, 2019

Hot Pot View

4/30/19 South downtown skyline from the International District

Although I’m not particularly enamored with it, like a gawking tourist, I still enjoy sketching Seattle’s skyline from various viewpoints. Queen Anne’s Kerry Park, Lake Union Park, West Seattle’s Jack Block Park, Bell Harbor Pier – each offers a unique downtown postcard.

Over lunch a few days ago, I was delighted to have an unexpected skyline view in the International District. Our window booth at Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot gave us this view of downtown’s south end high rises. As you know, I never sketch when I’m hungry, so you won’t see sketches here of the colorful ingredients (shrimp, fish, tofu, noodles and many types of veggies and mushrooms) that went into the boiling cauldron of delicious broth. But after thoroughly stuffing myself, my lunch companions were still stuffing (the hot pot meal is all-you-can-eat), so my dessert was this skyline sketch.

An all-you-can-eat, DIY meal!

A boiling cauldron of two kinds of broth --
one super-spicy hot, one wimpy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...