Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Three for Three

3/21/19 Green Lake neighborhood

Three excavators in nearly as many days – I was on a roll last week! This one, however, was more ominous than the first two, which were a utility job and a private home. I could see from the size of the property (a second smaller excavator is working behind the big one) and its surroundings that some small, traditional houses had been taken down. They’ll likely be replaced by yet another big, ugly “multi-use” box, just like the ones growing all over Seattle. Now that the weather is improving, I’m going to get back to my neighborhood architecture series so that I can “save” as many old, traditional homes as I can.

Meanwhile, for good or for bad, I seem to have no shortage of heavy machinery to sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...