Monday, March 11, 2019

Nice Light, Bad Pastries

3/4/19 Zoka Coffee

When I’m in the mood for café sketching, my first choice is always Zoka Coffee in the Green Lake neighborhood. For a coffee shop, it’s huge, and large windows on two sides bring in a lovely natural light all morning. The warm wood interior, over-stuffed leather furniture, tables at various angles, and lots of victims staring at their devices make for an ideal indoor sketching location.

Unfortunately, I don’t like their pastries. The scones are so hard that they require a fork to penetrate, and the croissants leave a film on my palate, which leads me to believe they are made with shortening instead of butter.

Another first-world sketching problem rears its ugly head.

6 comments:

  1. Too bad about the food not being good. I hope the coffee is OK. It looks like a nice place to sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee's OK... but a sketcher can't live by coffee alone! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy your blog and the things you share, both drawings and thoughts. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Dave! Glad to hear you enjoy the blog.

      Delete
  3. It's nice that you have a good coffee shop for sketching.

    Things are looking up here in the South end. Just discovered a coffee shop just 3 or 4 miles away, at the bottom of my hill, that will serve me coffee the way I want it and has good breakfast items. I mean to go there more.

    And there is a new Ethiopian coffee shop... very large room and good pastries.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...