Friday, November 9, 2018

Glasses Are Still Over-Rated

11/6/18 Costco checkout

Shortly after I began sketching (and before my sketch kit was perfectly tuned to avoid such mishaps), I found myself at a sketch-worthy event with a careful selection of materials – but forgot my glasses. Since I’m presbyopic, I could see my subject matter well – I just couldn’t see my sketchbook. With fast-moving subjects, it hardly made a difference, and I remember having as much fun as ever.

The other day at Costco, I knew I had only a couple of minutes to sketch while Greg went to the restroom. I had my glasses with me, but putting them on would have wasted a few seconds. Now, as then, glasses are over-rated.

1 comment:

  1. They always tell us to squint when we do art anyway. lol You did fine without your glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...