Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Unscathed

12/31/14 various inks, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Zig marker, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

All year I’ve been sketching unfortunate trees that have been hacked, chopped and otherwise mutilated by city utilities to make way for power lines. I have plenty more such trees to choose from, but this morning I thought I’d sketch one that has managed to remain unscathed: It stands on the safe side of this street in Shoreline, opposite the power lines.

I’m open to risk and challenges when I know the outcome could be rewarding. But if I’m going to be in the same position for a while, I like to stand on the safe side of the street. 

Here’s to a great new year full of risk, challenges and knowing which side of the street to stand on!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see one that escaped!!! Happy New Year! May 2015 be one of peace, love, and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...