Monday, December 15, 2014

A Tangle of Wires and Poles

12/15/14 various inks, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

On this particular stretch of Roosevelt Way Northeast near 90th, the complicated network of utility lines and bifurcated trees is made further messy by a huge, ugly cell tower. I started the sketch focused on the two trees and how the power lines intersected with them. Before I knew what was happening, though, I found myself sucked in by all the stuff sticking out from that cell tower. Trying to track all those wires and transformers is strangely fascinating, even in their extreme ugliness. 

1 comment:

  1. Only you can make a cell tower look so good. lol I would get dizzy following all those wires.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...